Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm in!

I got the final approval today that after four years of submitting my application to be juried, I've been accepted to join ARTrails. This will be my first opportunity to show and sell my art from my own studio and I'm over the moon with excitement!

This is the who's who of artists in my area and I've been asked if I'm a member at nearly every show I've done for the past six years. It'll be nice to finally say yes.

Here's the description on the Arts Council website:
A program of the Arts Council of Sonoma County, ARTrails is an annual fall tradition and Sonoma County's largest and most visible arts event. Celebrating its 23rd year and voted "Sonoma County's Best Outdoor Art Event", ARTrails provides a rare opportunity for the public to meet local artists in their studios and learn about their diverse creative processes and techniques. Through hands-on demonstrations as well as intimate conversations, ARTrails artists will take you into their world where colors, shapes, materials, and textures merge into unique and collectible works of art.

I'll post the link so you can see the incredible group of artists who participated last year. You can bet the minute the new catalog is printed I'll be letting you know.

So please, if you're out and about in October, plan to stop by and say hello. I'd love to show off my newest pieces and introduce you to my humble playground.

No comments: